Adding Lessons and Examples to a Learning Community
Lessons and examples are where community members share what they know and what they've done.
Adding a Lesson or Example to a Learning Community:
- Make sure you're enrolled in the Learning Community
- Visit the Community gateway page
- Be certain if you want to add a Lesson or an Example
- Plan the materials you want to add, it's best to make an outline first
- Click the "Add your knowledge" link and choose "Lesson" or "Example" from the list.
(The process is the same for both, the following instructions are based on a Lesson.)
- On the Add form, type a Name and Description and click "Create Lesson..."
- The next page is where you finish your Lesson:
- Make sure you provide complete information that doesn't duplicate any other Lesson.
- Type and format your Lesson content.
- Set an appropriate SkillScale value. (See note below about SkillScale values.)
- Assign your Lesson to appropriate Subtopics.
- Complete the process by clicking the "Update Lesson" button.
- Important note: Lessons use SkillScale values from 1 to 750. Examples use SkillScale values from 250 to 1,000.