Adding Video Clips to a Learning Community
When you pick the best parts of the best videos, you create a powerful one-of-a-kind learning experience that delivers essential knowledge in less time without having to sift through countless videos of unknown quality.
Adding Video Clips to a Learning Community:
- Make sure you're enrolled in the Learning Community
- Visit the Community gateway page
- Click the "Add your knowledge" link and choose "VideoClip" from the list
- You will be taken to the Add Video Clip form. To add one clip, paste in the Youtube URL and click "Submit URL..."
- After adding the clip, follow these steps to complete the process:
- Type name and description to identify and explain this clip.
- Set start and end time to capture a single concept that integrates with the other clips.
- Set a SkillScale value between 1 and 1,000 to specify the level and presentation order of this clip.
- Create and format annotations to reinforce and expand on the concept taught in the clip.
- Complete the process by clicking the “Update Video Clip” button.
- If you’re adding clips one at a time, repeat the process for each clip.
- When you’re done adding clips, review the Learning Community and make any necessary edits. Pay special attention to continuity and accuracy of clip start and end times.
Pro Tip! To import multiple clips, gather your clips into a CSV file and use the Import feature on the Add Video Clip form. (Shown below.) Here is a sample CSV template to download and use in your spreadsheet software. Or just copy this format and header row:
If you have problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org.